Friday, July 02, 2004

Christian philosophy of mind

OK - after a long hiatus I'm back with more musings. It's good to think - right?? Still thinking about the problem of evil but I am taking a philosophy of mind course this fall, so I have been thinking about what would a Christian version of philosophy of mind look like. Obviously a Christian holds to a future hope of a physical resurrection - the Jesus seminar and other heretics hold to a "spiritual" resurrection, whatever that means. So a Christian could hold to materialism, because for Christians, salvation comes in the form of the eschatological resurrection at the Parousia. Yet Christians must not believe that all that exists is physical because we believe God to be non-physical, or incorporeal. Also how can a physical world interact with a incorporeal God and vice-versa. Most philosophers of mind hold to a materialist view point, but Christians need to allow for non-physical matter. There are some other thoughts that I wanted to post, but I have forgotten them. I will post more later when I get some sleep.

No comments: