Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Official Story

Ok, my internet friend has requested that I tell the official proposal story, so here it is:

I proposed to my friend from IL on Thursday, so here are the events of Thursday. We drove to Chicago to go to lunch at Frontera Grill. Which is Rick Bayless's restraurant. Rick Bayless has a cooking show on PBS and specializes in authentic Mexican food. When my friend was in TX last we made some of the recipes together for her b-day dinner and for dessert made flan. So, we decided that it would be a good idea to try out Frontera Grill - it is ranked #2 casual dining in the United States. The prices are about the same as On the Border or Don Pablos. Lunch was great.

After lunch we drove about 45 minutes to the sand dunes in Indiana on the beaches of Lake Michigan. The waves on Lake Michigan were picturesque and beautiful. It was about 50 degrees so we kept warm w/ some blankets and watched the waves. Then the sun came out and it warmed up I asked my friend if she would spend the rest of her life w/ me. Then I asked her if she would marry me. She was totally surprised, because I hid the ring in my wallet. She had looked for a ring box, but didn't see one. Then my friend spent the rest of the day looking at the ring.

It was a 1.22 carat ruby on a solitare white gold band. The ruby measures about 6.2 mm in diameter.

No comments: