Thursday, July 21, 2005

Who is richer?

I'm meeting (at least supposed to meet) some guys tonight for our discussion group concerning intelligent design. I need to read two articles that we are discussing tonight so I really shouldn't be procrastinating and writing on my blog, but oh well...

I just finished watching season 3 of Smallville and I have just recently watched Batman Begins. Now, here is a question: who is richer Bruce Wayne or Lex Luthor?

I think the answer is Lex Luthor and here is why. Bruce Wayne is not concerned with accumulating wealth, all Bruce Wayne needs money for is to continue to fund the projects and weapons development along with research for Batman. So insofar as Bruce Wayne needs money to help him fight crime, that is what he needs to accumulate wealth for. Whereas Lex Luthor is attempting to take over the world. The means by which he is attempting to take over the world involves monetary gain. So, Lex Luthor needs all the money and power that he can get and control - he is seeking to gain an infinite amount of wealth and power. This is why I believe Lex Luthor is richer than Bruce Wayne. Lex Luthor may not be as smart as Bruce Wayne but he is able to spend all of his time and resources accumulating wealth, while Bruce Wayne spends a majority of his time and resources fighting crime.

No comments: