Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Working the Brain Muscles

Mondays I always plan on working out after class. However, I have my philosophy of religion survey course from 3 to 6 then from 7 to 10 I have a seminar on vagueness. What's vagueness about you ask??? Well, allow me to tell you what it is about. We are attempting to ascertain whether vagueness is a semantic, ontic, or epistemic feature of the world. But those aren't the only theories of vagueness, oh no! There is also a discussion of whether there is such a thing as higher-order vagueness. Higher-order vagueness is the idea that there are borderline borderline examples - or vague vagueness. Then you have borderline borderline borderline cases. Myself I'm an epistemicist, which rejects higher-order vagueness. After that there are logical solutions to vagueness. Needless to say on Monday nights after vagueness I'm exhausted by all of the thinking.

... yet, I think it's good for me to think

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous that you have the Bend It Like Beckham soundtrack. I'm singing some of the songs in my head right now! =O) Oh and definitely the kangaroo...it's much more fun!
Jen