Sunday, November 20, 2005

Writer's Bloc

Well, right now I'm working on a rough draft that is due on Monday. The rough draft is supposed to be a polished rough draft when I turn it in, but nonetheless it's a rough draft. My biggest problem and frustration when writing papers is writer's bloc. I was very frustrated by it yesterday when I was working on my paper. However, I think that I have developed a solution to dealing with writer's bloc... ready... here we go - keep reading what I have written. What? You ask me what kind of solution is this? A good solution says I. When I can't write anymore I go back over what I have previously written, and edit that. This gives me more ideas for writing and helps tighten my argument also. This is actually a really good solution for me to cure my writer's bloc. I must confess that it is stressful when one encounters writer's bloc. This stress then produces more stress, which makes it even more difficult to overcome writer's bloc. So, then I just re-read aloud what I have previously written.

Now, I shall return to my paper. Reading my paper outloud.

No comments: