Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Breaking the Lease

So in about 5 weeks I'll be leaving for IL to get married to Jessica. After our honeymoon we will get back to OK around December 18. Jessica's apartment lease is up on the 22, mine, sometime in May. Now, I live in the University of Oklahoma student apartments. I signed a lease for one year, from May to May. I thought that I would be able to get out of this lease for my wedding. However, today, I went to the apartment manager and to give her a form for me to break my lease and she very coldly informed me that I couldn't. I was so taken aback I didn't even respond to her, I didn't know what to say. To be honest, I was really upset and still am about this situation. Jessica would have to drive to work about 45 minutes to an hour with traffic, one way. However, I did put in an application to break my lease with the university food & housing department. Jessica's theory is that the lady I spoke with today has no power - she is the apartment manager. According to Jessica, this lady probably has a domineering husband and then takes things out on people during the day. Hopefully I will be able to get out of my lease. I think the thing that upset me the most today was that the lady didn't even try to compromise or help me out, she basically signed the form 'no' and showed me the door. She wasn't even sympathetic. ...I'll try and study tonight, but I'm still pretty upset.

No comments: