Saturday, June 10, 2006

Reading Goals - part 1: Philosophy of Religion & Theology

So, it is 14 months and counting until I will be in school again. So I have some major reading that I plan on doing between now and August of 07. So here is the reading that I plan on doing in philosophy of religion/philosophical theology. Upon the completion of a book I will post on here to keep all of my two loyal readers updated on my progress.

Book 1 - The Trinity by Saint Augustine

Book 2 - Summa Contra Gentiles book 4: Salvation, by Thomas Aquinas

Book 3 - Anselm of Canterbury - The Major Works, this is just the compilation of Anselm's philosophical/theological work. The Bishop of Canterbury

Book 4 - and this one is a monster - The City of God, by Augustine

In addition to the 4 books listed above, I am also going to read all of the Faith and Philosophy Journals from January 2002, to whatever is the most recent journal that I have by August 07. Faith and Philosophy is the journal put out by the Society of Christian Philosophers.

No comments: