Thursday, August 05, 2004

'A' Game

Well, went to OU today to take care of a few things before school started - I had to get these things done before school started because I won't move to Norman until the weekend that classes start - and I realize that it is about game time. OU is probably a top 3 (no less than 5) school for philosophy of religion in North America. As my friend who recently graduated with his JD and MBA told me, "everyone in grad school is smart." Though seminary (relgious grad school) is not easy, I expect OU to be more cutthroat and difficult. There will not be much mercy given by prof's and students will have to prove themselves. I usually compare PhD's in the humanities to that of big time football programs, it is important to go to the top-rated programs, yet a student who works hard in a 'lesser' ranked program can get into a top research university with a tenture-track job - but it's difficult. So, needless to say, I will have my work cut out for me and expect to study about 8-12 hours a day.

On a side-note, I noticed that the social sciences building at OU was quite nice and I bet OU takes good care of the Social Word program and treats those enrolled in the Social Work program as royalty.

No comments: