Thursday, May 06, 2004

I'm gettin' there

Well, tomorrow will be a 9 - 4 final philosophy papers presentation day. There are x number of students and x students will present there papers. Then each presenter will be critiqued by one of x students. Each paper presented is about 35-45 minutes. It's a good idea for a class of about 5 people, and it's a good idea for students who actually attempt to write a good paper - I'm one of those students who did not write a good paper. As I told my prof. today, I know that at SWBTS no matter how bad of a paper I write, someone will always write a worse paper. A lot of the papers presented tomorrow will be terrible, no doubt about it, not even MA quality papers, this is the problem with evangelical academic institutions, sometimes they are too gentle on the students for the good of everyone. Oh well. I confess, I am a slacker if I am not pushed. Then after presenting papers, I have to go to work, supposed to be in Dallas by 6:30, not good, especially during rush hour, not good at all. I will probably be late, but hey, they can fire me if they want :)

I'm moving back home with my mom a week from today, on May 14. I still don't know when I am going to be assigned an apartment at OU. That's fine, one thing at a time right ;) I try, but don't always do a good job of obeying this principle. I still have to turn in grades for Tarleton State University, but first, I have to make it through tomorrow.

Then I also have to remember that Sunday is Mother's Day, so to anyone who reads this blog, don't forget to call your mother or get her a card. Mom's like these things.

No comments: