Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Starting to read

I still have to do six journal abstracts for Dr. Blount, though I am not all that concerned about finishing them, I still feel a slight bit of pressure to have them completed by tomorrow (Wednesday).

I started reading Naming & Necessity by Saul Kripke. It is a significant book in philosophy dealing with philosophy of lanugage, modal logic, philosophy of mind, and epistemology. I have read the preface and the first lecture, it consists of three lectures in all, and the preface is somewhat of a summary of the whole book.

I have also started reading The Brothers Karamazov. So my reading goals should be accomplished this summer. I am not doing too well on the sleeping thing so far - I think the queen sized bed that I sleep in at my mom's house should remedy that situation.

This Friday I am moving in with my mom for the summer - or until I move to Norman (OU). I still need to get boxes to pack all my books in - the reason that I have so many books is due to my problems with lust, I lust after books, I have to have all the books I can - but other than my books, I really don't have that much to move.

No comments: