Friday, February 18, 2005

Valentine's Weekend

I left my apartment in Norman around 10:15 headed towards Will Rogers World Airport (OKC) to make an 11:40AM flight to STL, then a connecting flight to SPI where I would be picked up by my Valentine's weekend friend. I flew on the two smallest planes I've ever flown on in my life, and I've had more than 20 flights, so I'm not an advanced flier, but I'm not necessarily a novice either. The flight from STL to SPI was on a prop plane.

So my friend picked me up and we had coffee at Panera bread then dinner at Cafe Brio. Cafe Brio was in downtown Springfield, IL which is the first mexican restraurant where first wave 80's music was played instead of Tejano music. (First wave music includes The Smiths, The Cure, Depeche Mode, and etc.) The restraurant was an intriguing blend of Mexican food with a dash of caribbean spice.

On Saturday we had french toast for breakfast, made by my friend's neighbor, where I was staying. Dinner was at The Chateau which is one of the nicer restraurants in Bloomington/Normal IL. Then after dinner we went to the Palace to watch a movie - Phantom of the Opera (thumbs down) - nonetheless the movie watching experience was good. The Palace is a dinner movie theater with couches and a full service restraurant and bar.

Sunday was church and a day of rest - what else is Sunday for, right? Monday morning I was awaken by my friend to join her for a candlelight Valentine's day breakfast of waffles and sausage - my flight was leaving at 4:47PM so our Valentine's Day dinner was Saturday night. Breakfast was wonderful and we took a couple of pictures had lunch at Cheddar's and I missed my flight. WOO-HOO!!! That meant that I could have Valentine's Day Dinner with my friend, but only after I studied and did some homework for my Aristotle seminar which I stayed up until 3AM working on to email an attachment to my professor. Yet, we had dinner inbetween me working on my homework, dinner was at Applebees, not very romantic.

Tuesday I made my flight after having lunch at Fridays and I waited in the Springfield, IL airport once I passed through security, sitting, waiting, becoming more depressed and more dejected, wondering when the next time would be that I could see my friend...

No comments: