Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Frustration...

Here's my biggest frustration - when I don't use my time wisely. Right now I am extremely frustrated, I wanted to read for 8 hours today, and when it's all said and done it will probably be more like 5. Here's the thing with grad school, it's all about work. Now I enjoy what I am doing because I view it as a Christian calling. Philosophy is the art of thinking well - simple definition of philosophy. (All other disciplines benefit from philosophy: law, science, biology, politics, language, math, art, and etc. There is a philosophy for anything you can think of. But to do philosophy well, requires much reading and pondering (or thinking) about what has been read.) I have not done this. The good news is that it is only the third week of the semester and papers are more than a month away. The bad news is that it is the beginning of the semester and I am already developing bad habits.

Since I view what I am doing as a calling, whenever I don't do my best I let God down. I also let myself down, as well as other people. I need to learn how to budget my time and be a good steward of the time that God has given to me.

Here's to more efficient use of my time tomorrow - just remember, tomorrow's a new day =)

No comments: