Saturday, January 28, 2006

Peace

I think that I am beginning to understand the following verse:
28 "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. 29 "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS. 30 "For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."
Matt 11:28-30 (NASB95)
When we understand who God is and the relationship that we have with God through Jesus we realize that every situation is a learning experience. What does this mean? Well, God is soverign, therefore God knows what He is doing. Whenever we find ourself in a difficult spot or position it is because God has put us in that position. If we are having a difficult time it is because God is going to teach us something through that difficult time. I realize that nothing in my life is an accident, nothing is random, but everything is well-ordered and designed so that I may progress in my relationship with God. This is what brings me peace. The fact that God is in control and God is molding me into the person that God wants me to be.

No comments: