Sunday, January 29, 2006

Two Thousand Years of Beautiful History

One think that frustrates me more than anything else is the neglect of orthodox Christian docrtine. By orthodox Christian doctrine I mean biblical doctrine, that is doctrine that one must believe in order for one to be a Christian. Christianity has been around for 2,0000 years and there have always been beliefs that Christians have held. So it always confuses me when people or churches find a new biblical teaching. Other times they just neglect Christian doctrine all together and just imply that we ought to act like Christians without doctrinal beliefs. I often wonder if I know what a Christian community looks like because I don't know if I have ever seen a genuine Christian community. I'm very concerned that the Christianity of America is not the Christianity of the Bible. I don't know why we ignore the basic biblical teachings in the Bible, but this is a serious problem in the U.S.

No comments: