Thursday, July 08, 2004

Trip to CO

My mom and I are leaving to go to CO for a week. We should be leaving tomorrow (July 9) and getting back July 18.

Here is a topic that I have been thinking about lately: I am a Republican but I am not one of thos Republican that believes the Republicans can do no wrong. What drives me crazy though is Republicans or Democrats that believes their party is perfect. Don't people realize that all politicians probably got into political office for benevolent reasons, but due to the way things work owe so many favors to people that the candidate has "sold out." It's inevitable to sell out in politics, yet there are so many people out there that think candidate X, whether democrat or republican is a great person. Look, politics is a job like anything else, it isn't ministry, a candidate does what he can do to get into office - whatever it takes. Just as there is a loony right, there is just as much as a loony left.

No comments: