Friday, April 23, 2004

Goals for the summer :)

Well, school is ending soon. My last paper for the classes I am taking is due on Monday April 26. Then I will just have to grade tests & papers. So, I am thinking about what to do for the summer, I have decided to put them on the blog so my loyal readers can hold me accountable, to my goals. Maybe beat me up, or throw me down, or something like that... anyway, here are my goals listed in the greatest priority to the least priority.

1. Read my Bible - this goes without saying but lately I have been slacking on the amount of bilbical reading I have been doing - quantity wise - I am going to get back onto the read the NT in a month program again.
2. Prepare for classes in the fall, this will include some extra reading. I am taking a Philosophy of Mind class, with will probably include theories of content so it will be important to read up on philosophy of language and philosophy of mind. Then I will also read the readings for both language and mind. So hopefully reading these books I won't be behind the other philosophy grad students
3. Read some serious theology. The book that I have in mind is N. T. Wright's The Resurrection of the Son of God. I heard him speak in November and he is probably the premier theologian among Christians today.
4. Work out 5 days every week when I am in town. Also increase my cardio workout to 45 minutes.
5. Drop down below 255 lbs.
6. Read some good philosophical theology, e.g. Summa Contra Gentiles, by Thomas Aquinas , and The City of God, by St. Augustine.
7. Read quality fiction. This would include, J.R.R. Tolkein, Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Jane Austen, etc...
8. Enjoy the summer and sleep as much as possible.

I reserve the rights to update this post, but I will not remove any goals, only add goals.

No comments: