Sunday, April 25, 2004

What a beatdown!!!

I worked tonight and dealt craps, I wanted to decline the offer but the manager told me that they needed all the people they could get to deal. I was at the Studios in Los Colinas, where they have the sets for shows such as Walker Texas Ranger, I think they also have the submarine used in the Hunt for Red October, and they had a prototype of Yoda there also. What is the beatdown about - the guys I work with. At these parties I work at, they are usually high-toned, so people come looking there best, so you see guys with trophey wives and young women whether single or married looking as hot as can be. Almost all of the guys I work with are married, yet whenever they see a hot chica, they drool all over themelves and make all kinds of comments, like it's a big deal. Now I realize that I am an adjunct professor so I am used to seeing people that are young and in shape, but these guys are out of control. Do they have that much disrespect for their wives that they have to literally drool while looking at hot chicas?!?! If they don't like their wives that much then why don't they get a divorce; why stay married? I think it's because the fear of being alone is what drives most people to get married, and not out of mutual love and admiration of each other. Is it disrepectful to one's wife to act in this manner? I have to believe so, I also assume that their wives probably act this way towards guys, sham of a marriage that is... well, I will just work with them until I move to Norman, and even now, I don't work for the money but just to repay the favor because they let me work over the holidays when I was the most concerned about being depressed about my dad's death and my friend's suicide.

No comments: