Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Am I cynical?

Though Bill Burkett is supposed to be an opponent of Bush, it seems as if he's proving many on the right to be correct. (Bill Burkett is the man who forged the documents concerning Bush's service in the Texas National Guard.) The right has always accused the major networks of being biased to the left, especially Dan Rather. Now, how foolish does Dan Rather look? These documents were obviously printed up by a computer and not on a typewriter from the 1970's. It was obvious to people at first inspection that these were forged documents. How could Dan Rather base a report upon such flimsy evidence. It will be interesting to see if this effects CBS's credibility. It may not effect CBS at all. It seems to me that Bill Burkett has done the right a favor, at first I wondered if he was a republican that was attempting to make the supposed left-wing media look bad. I know that he tried to get the Gore campaign these documents, but Gore's campaign was intelligent enough to know that he did not have anything. I don't know for sure, but I still suspect that Burkett might be a right-wing fella who's trying to damage the opponents of Bush. Guess I am cynical.

No comments: