Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Phone Calls Phone Calls

Well, for those of you who've heard the message on my voice mail, it's obvious that someone keeps calling my apartment at jacked-up hours in the morning. My first experience with this was the first week I moved in, I heard a call at 7AM, I didn't answer the phone the first time, but then they called back. Now, for those of you who know about the events in my life the past year and a half, know that I probably assume that there's really, bad news when someone calls at this time of the day. So, the second time this person calls back I run pick up the phone, and I answer "hello." Someone is speaking in another language at the other end and I don't know what they're saying so I hang up. Right after I hang up they call back, I then pick-up the phone hang it up, and keep the phone off of the hook. This has happened to me several times since then, I don't know why, but it terrifies me when I hear the phone ring between 3AM and 7AM, partly because it brings back tramautic moments in my life. Last night the phone rang again at about 5:38AM and it put me in a cold sweat, and as I was laying in bed I was trying to figure out why this upsets me so much. Immediately after the voice mail picked up, they called back again. So this morning I turned the ringer of my phone on low, and hopefully I'll be able to sleep through the phone ringing during obscene hours at night.

No comments: