Thursday, November 04, 2004

NBA has started

Lost in all the hype and hoopla of the presidential election is the start of the NBA season. Since the NHL has cancelled their season (or they will shortly) the NBA is a huge deal. In fact we have switched our fantasy hockey league, to a fantasy hoops league. I was reading a NBA preview here an thought that this quote about Mark Cuban (the owner of the Dallas Mavericks) was hilarious. It's extremely likely that no one else who reads my blog will find it funny. Regardless, I'm posting this quote.
Any time you construct a free agent offer that's so insane, Mark Cuban studies it for a few minutes, then throws up his hands and says, "You know what, I can't match that thing" ... I mean, that's a pretty good sign you went overboard. Which is exactly what the Suns did by guaranteeing Steve Nash and his bad back $60 million. Crazy contract. Just crazy. ...I'm not going to attempt to understand Mark Cuban, since this was the same man that just inflicted "The Benefactor" on us. But something doesn't add up from last summer ... and no, I'm not talking about how the Mavs failed to pursue Shaq, which only would have meant two or three titles. Whatever.

No comments: