Sunday, October 23, 2005

What do you Believe????

For so long I have claimed that God is soverign, that is, God is in control. Nothing happens that God doesn't cause to happen or that God doesn't allow to happen. So everything that happens is due to God acting, or refraining from action. I believe this and I tell this to other people with extreme frequency, problem is, I forget to tell myself. When I struggle the most I forget that God is soverign, God is in control, God is not suprised. I know it's true, but I don't let my attitude and emotions reflect this knowledge. That is, I don't practice that God is soverign. It seems to me that if you really believe something your actions will reflect your beliefs.

I believe that emotions are similar to perceptions. So, when I am depressed or stressed, it is because I am blinding myself to the greater reality of God. The Bible declares that children of God possess eternal life - I am a child of God. What more could I ask for? Sometimes it is so easy to get caught up in everyday deadlines or past events where I could have done better, I miss the big picture. The big picture is eternity, how important is this week compared to eternity? It's insignificant.

I have a tendency to only care about the paper that is due next week or the reading assignment that I have. When I do this I neglect the significance of this live. Life is too short to be spent worrying about paper assignments or whether one will get an 'A'. Instead, every moment of life should be spend rejoicing at the opportunities that we have and embrace these opportunities. If you stop to reflect on failure, you allow the failure to effect your future. Learn from your failures and move on. Remember that God's Grace is more powerful than any failure that you may ever have.

No comments: