Tuesday, March 02, 2004

Application process... I applied to several other PhD programs b/c the situation at SWBTS was not ideal to be in right now. FSU did not receive a letter of recommendation from a prof and they did not receive a GRE report. The school I really wanted to get into (Iowa) did not accept me. I was accepted into University of Oklahoma, but w/o any financial aid. The whole complete process just sucks, waiting to hear back from schools is extremely tedious and nerve-wracking, I have actually never applied to a school where the decision was in doubt. I thought that I did the best I could when I applied to Iowa and they received my entire application packet, but I guess sometimes your best isn't good enough. The worst part about it all is that Iowa is not even in the top 50 ranked philosophy schools. OU is a solid philosophy program but they aren't in the top 50 either. It just makes me wonder if I am doing the right thing or not. How do you know when God wants you to do something else? Is God trying to tell me that I am called to vocational ministry? Am I running from my 'true' call? Most people say that God gives you a feeling of peace, but that is so subjective... I am going to vist w/ a prof from OU, before making any decisions about next year. Rejection always sucks..........

No comments: