Thursday, March 04, 2004

i don't know, what should i have done???

Now that I am looking forward to beginning studies at OU in the fall, I have one final question that I need to answer. After my first year at OU will I be able to get some kind of financial aid? This is the critical question for my philosophy career... I can afford one year w/o working, but not much more than that. Which begs the question, I am in a PhD program in philosophy at a SBC seminary. What does that say about the education of a seminary when I am not competitive w/ undergrad students applying to PhD programs. It should be simple for me, move from one PhD program to another... but it wasn't. So now the question I am asking myself is do I start all over again if I will not have a shot at getting a TA position at OU? In other words, should I apply to an MA program and work on getting an MA for the next two years? This would put me at 29 years of age by the time I begin my MA... b/c in all likelihood, it's too late to apply to any MA programs for the next year. ....Makes me wonder if I made a mistake starting a PhD at the school I am currently at in the first place.........

No comments: