Thursday, December 16, 2004

Fall 04 - in the books

This semester is officially over. So far, this is my report card:

(1) Metaphysics: B
(2) Religious Epistemology: ?A?
(3) Philosophy of Mind: ?A?

I've gotten all my papers back for metaphysics and yes I did earn a B. In both Religious epistemology and phil. of mind, I need a very high B or an A on my final papers for an A in the class.

I am a very hard person to please, especially when it's myself, but I must admit, I am proud of my performance from this semester. After my brother died, and I moved in the day before classes began, I was extremely frazzled. There were many days where it was all I could do to just wake up and not burst into tears. So now that it's all said and done, I'm glad. I didn't even want to go to school this semester, I considered staying home w/ my mom and sister, getting a job nearby so I could be with them after my brother died. My mom was upset when she heard me say this and told me that Adam (my brother) would have wanted me to go to school. It still makes me sad when I think about it, because Adam was going to apply to law school at OU and try to play rugby on the grad team here. The OU law school is ranked #66, which isn't too shabby. It's ranked high enough to get you a job upon graduating from it.

Sorry I don't have any intriguing theological questions, but I am reading through a book right now on the nature of God and I've read the chapters on omnipotence and omniscience. I was going to read the chapter on divine foreknowledge and human freedom, but I'm too tired. Philosophy is tough to read when you're not wide awake. I can read just about anything when I'm tired, history, political science, most theology, biology, cases, but not philosophy.

I think now I'll finish watching the greatness of The Empire Strikes Back. I always have a tough time watching that movie without then watching Return of the Jedi. It's always depressing to see Luke and Leia at the window of the space station, watching Chewie and Lando depart for Jabba's palace. Maybe tonight will be different...

No comments: