Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Winter Wonderland in TX

Well, the day I left Norman to drive to TX it was 73 degrees in Norman. This was December 20, then today, in Flower Mound, TX it was so warm that I wore shorts and turned on the AC in my car so that I wouldn't get too hot. Now I hear that on Thursay, it won't get any warmer than the 20's. Is this not the craziest place for weather? I never know what to think about TX weather. Today an allergy alert for Mountain Cedar was issued and my sinuses were throbbing - I have messed up sinuses. I am thinking about going to a chiropracter to see if he can do anything about it, does anybody have any suggestions?

I have some random thoughts that I will post about the church that I attended before Trinity baptist. The church I was going to was Journey Church, a postmodern/seeker church. One time the pastor claimed that he didn't want any sacred cows at Journey so they intentionally changed the way they did things about every 8-10 weeks. Well, there was one thing he wouldn't change and that was the fact that the entire worship service was all about entertainment. I knew one of the secretaries and she said that many of the church staff were stressed and distressed that many of the big donar families were leaving to go to other churches. Why were they leaving - because the preaching/teaching was too shallow. So did the pastor change his sermon style - OF COURSE NOT! This is because people have a difficult time changing things, and if your church isn't really biblically focused to begin with, why will people stay when they begin to grow and hunger for more of God's Word. In the end, isn't that what every believer really desires, more understanding of who God is, and a stronger relationship with God. I realize that there are other aspects about Christianity that are extremely important, but the most important thing in a Christian's life is communicating with God. Whenever our communication with God suffers, everything else suffers. So sorry preaching that is mostly meant to be entertaining will always leave those who are "in Christ" begging for much, much, much more.

No comments: